Asfordby Parish contains 3 villages;
Asfordby, Asfordby Valley & Asfordby Hill which are situated to the north of the River Wreake near to the market town of Melton Mowbray in Leicestershire. The population of the Parish according to the census in 2011 was 3,286 and there were 1,454 houses
Asfordby is mentioned in the Domesday Book, while the villages of Asfordby Valley & Asfordby Hill developed around the iron works that were founded in 1875 following the discovery of ironstone in the area.
Land to the South of Asfordby is characterised by water meadows and wash-land areas while the valley setting is emphasised by rising, mainly pasture land, to the North.
All Saints Parish Church was built in the 13th, 14th & 15th centuries and contains one fragment of Norman work and parts of a pre-conquest cross shaft. The local ironstone walling is crenelated with limestone and a graceful limestone spire surmounts the ironstone tower, the two stones making a pleasant combination. There are 8 listed buildings in Asfordby, including the Church and village cross, and 8 additional buildings are notified as being of local interest.